- Motorbike from Ha Noi to Sapa overview
- Motorbike from Ha Noi to Sapa recommended itinerary
- Things to note when doing motorbike Ha Noi to Spa
- Booking procedure of rent motorbike from Ha Noi to Sapa
Located in the northwest of Viet Nam, Sa Pa town is the fastinating destination that contains many wonders of nature and human. It is a beautiful natural landscape combined harmoniously between clouds and mountains, the terraces majestic in the top of the most beautiful terraced fields. With motorbike from Hanoi to Sapa journey, you will have chang learn about cultural exchanges, find out the best cultural characteristics of ethnic minority people.
Day 1: Ha Noi – Mai Chau (149 km/ 92 miles)
The first day trip will you pick up the motorbike for rent in HaNoi at you hotel. Then we will make a contract, give you the necessary information of recommended itinerary, accommodation and destinations to go on the way.
Then you head to the AH13 highway. Once you hit this road you’re good all the way to Mai Chau. The roads are generally smooth to drive. On the way, you will see bundles of freshly harvested stalks of sugarcane drying up, these are the typical scenes. Also, the generous scattering of limestone crags and plenty of caves are attractive by the constructed Buddhist temple called Bong Lai temple. View of layered mountains or staggered paddy fields are also amazing, especially Thung Khe Pass. Arrive in Mai Chau and stay over night here. Link Map
Day 2: Mai Chau – Moc Chau (90 km / 55 miles)
The next day trip of Hanoi to Sapa motorbike hire brings you to the beautiful highland of Moc Chau (Hoa Binh province). The highlight during the route would be the Thac Gi Lao waterfall. You can come here and take some photos or relax for a while. Arrive at Moc Chau, you will have lunch here and take a quick rest at the hotel in the town. Then in the afternoons, let’s take a trip around beautiful highland Moc Chau by driving through the best places below:
- Loong Luon village: here you can admire the valleys of Rose apple flowers. It’s extremely stunning in Spring when all the area is covered by flowers.
- Dai Yem water fall
- Bat Cave: Sound intersting? It’s an untouched and wild cave with many mysterious staglmites and massvie cliffs.
- Moc Chau green tea hills: This is the typical scenery whenever you have visited this landscape. You will be overwhelmed by the picturesque green tea fields, dairy farms and grasslands. The scenery of the town is not bustling, noisy but immense air with clouds, with the smell of green tea cool.
- Pha Luong Peak: This is a huge layered stack of rocks under the clouds, flaura and launna of the villages of two countries Vietnam – Laos.
Day 3: Moc Chau – Tu Le (188 km/ 116 miles)
This day is much longer than the previous. From Moc Chau town, the road becomes more and more craggy to first stop Phu Yen (Son La province). This is absolute ideal for adventurers. It is more wonderful when the legendary Da River begins to appear clearly on the side of the road.
The blue stripes of river of are smooth. Sometimes bulging like a massive lake. The river appears with endless of wild and majestic views. It is worth taking many stops on the way to get some photos. On the way you can also catch some highlights. These are the roofs of the stove kitchen peacefully between the beacutiful paintings of nature. These also are the fishing lake of Thai minority, quitely boating every morning with the pictusque scene. Link Map
Day 4: Tu Le – Mu Cang Chai (36 km / 22,6 miles)
Continue motorbike from Hanoi to Sapa about 3km from Tu Le there is a road that leads down to the village of Lim Mong. The village is filled with the local life activities of the H’mong people . These are driving trucks, planting rice, digging paddy terraces and farming. The road also leads up the other side of the valley and gives you a spectacular view of the terraced paddy fields. After that you head back to the main road.
Arive at Mu Cang Chai, you have lunch and then travel around Mu Cang Chai in the afternoon. There are many destinatons to go with Hanoi to Sapa motorbike rental via these stunning typical Northwest Viet Nam area:
- Khau Pha mountain pass: Is one of the most winding and craggy routes among top passes in Viet Nam. Khau Pha pass is covered by the layered cliffs and valleys. Stading on the top is like being in the stair to heaven with terraced paddy fields of H’mong, Thai ethinic.
- La Pan Tan village: at here you have chance to see the masterpierce terraced paady fileds.
- Mo waterfall: Thac Mo is located between two hills in Na Mo and Na Son B in Mo Di commune. There are 7 impressive spots in Mo River valley for you to stop and enjoy. In order to reach the four-tiered waterfall you need to walk upstream the falls, this is also the most impressive place for you to save the beautiful pictures of Thac Mo.
- Thai Village: It’s a small peaceful village in the middle of the valley, back leaning on the mountain. Here you can enjoy the specialties of the Thai, bathe the traditional Thai medicine, rest at the stilt house and organize the exchange, fire camp.
Day 5: Mu Cang Chai – Sa Pa (158 km / 98 miles)
You start the drive early in the morning around 7:00 am – 8:00 am. On the way, just be careful of the tough rocky roads. Keep the speed from 40 km/h – 50 km/h. 2.00 pm you arrive in Sa Pa town, then have a some foods here.
After that, let’s visit Ham Rong Mountain with an altitude of nearly 2000m above sea level. It looks like a dragon, with long winding body, a tail from Heaven Gate, the head is in the center of the town. Visiting the mountain include: European flower garden – View ethnic dance, jumping with the Actor of ethnic folk culture – Going to the rattan yard on Ham Rong mountain to see the panorama of SaPa town in the mist.
You sucessfully finsish motorbike from Hanoi to Sapa journey. Then you can drop the bike in Sapa or contact Hidden Land Travel ride more.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike.
- You don’t need to worry about he type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery 3G smartphone, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly money .
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to wear helmet, drive on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/ h.
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands, do not take photos when driving, turn on lights when getting inside tunnels and absolut
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
- Be confident with traffic in Viet Nam. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 usd and then go
Costs for a motorbike repair when doing motorbike from Hanoi to Sapa:
- On this moment: 1 euro is 24.000 VND and 1 dollar is 22.000 VND
- Repair flat tire 10,000 / 30,000
- Relace new tire: 80.000 – 120.000
- Replace Electric Stator 200.000 / 300.000
- Oil change 90,000 – 120,000
- Fix front and backlight 50.000
- Stoplight switch 20.000
- New bungeecords 20,000 – 40,000
- New chain and sprockets 250,000
- Relaybox 20,000
- Chain tightened up 10,000
- New inner tube 80.000
- Spark plug lead 50.000
What to advoid or not to do when rent motorbike from Hanoi to Sapa:
- Do not give sweets and money to children
- If you can avoid shopping in plastic goods (bags, bottles, waste disposal systems are unfortunately not in many villages)
- Do not enter to the local schools without notice
- Ask people if you can shoot them do not make too much noise in rural villages
1. View our motorbikes list and prices table and choose your suitable motorbike
2. Contact us for any questions or advice via:
- Chat right in this webiste
- Whatsapp: +84 348421282
- Hotline: +84941365563
3. Fill in the booking form or provides us below information:
- Your name and ways to contact you.
- Type and number of bike you want to hire
- When and where you would like to pick up the bike
- Where and when you would like to return the bike.
4. Hidden Land Travel will confirm the total price and your reservation
- We will deliver the bike to your place and accessories as agreed
- Both parties will read and sign in the motorbike hiring contract
- You will pay the renting fee for our staff and give staff deposit (luggages/1 Passport or 5- 600 usd/bike)
- We will take and send the luggage to next destination (if you request)
- Contact us when you want to return the bike 30 minutes in advance, Our staff will come to your place to collect the bike and return your deposit.
- Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental
- Ha Noi to Phong Nha motorbike rentla
- Ha Noi to Hue, Da Nang, Hoi An motorbike rental