- Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental overview
- Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental recommended itirerary
- Things to note when doing Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental
- Motorbike booking procedure
Ha Giang is a mountainous province in northern Vietnam, 300 kilometers from Ha Noi capital. It borders Cao Bang province to the east, Yen Bai and Lao Cai province to the west and Tuyen Quang province to the south. To the north, Ha Giang borders the Choang ethnic group in Guangxi province of the People’s Republic of China. This is a favorite destination for explorers as the misty rugged mountainpeaks, huge deep valleys, crazy karst limestone outcrops and the unique cultural identity of the ethnic minority. It’s absolute a must-see place to travel at least once in our life.
Day 1: Ha Noi – Ha Giang city ( 312 km – 193 miles
The first day trip you need to get up early in the morning. This to get away from the crazy traffic in Ha Noi city in rush hours and hot weather. At first you pick up the Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental at you hotel then we would like to make a contract and provide you the necessary information of recommended itinerary, accommodations and destinations to go on the way.
The ideal road for riding would be the Highway 2. You just keep following this road for 7-8 hours to head to Ha Giang city. There is no highlight on the way but peaceful countryside views that probably make you feel calm and comfortable when traveling. Don’t forget to take a short rest and have lunch at the restaurant in Tuyen Quang. You will arrvive in Ha Giang city and stay overnight there. Link Map
Day 2: Ha Giang city – Quan Ba – Yen Minh – Dong Van (147 km / 91,6 miles)
Getting up early (around 7:00 am) you have chances to visit many places and let’s have a breakfast before going. Some tasty foods such as Pho, Rolled cake, Au Tau Rice. Then straight to Quan Ba (40km) to watch the sunrise. Early morning in the North usually has hovering sea of clouds.
Continue Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental, you head to Yen Minh district. The route to this place is probably the most breath taking adventure you can see in Viet Nam. It has many beautiful scenes especially the Yen Minh pine forest. The two sides of the road is covered with pine trees, feeling like walking in the pine forests of Dalat city. You can stop here camping and have lunch.
Then you start to get into the area of Dong Van Karst Global Geopark, designated by UNESCO as one of 77 sites with the important geological and cultural heritage. This geopark is littered with the ethereal karst formations that are nearly 400 million years old, and has twoprotected areas.
Dong Van Ethnic minorities create a unique and rich cultural heritage of the area. Traditional practices and habits of these ethnic groups are very diverse and interesting, and they attract many travellers who have a chance to explore these unique aspects.
Come to Dong Van Town and stay overnight here. You end day 3 of Hanoi to Ha Giang motorbike hire. Link Map
Day 3: Dong Van – Meo Vac ( 50 km / 31 miles)
To start the new day, our recommendation is to have a breakfast of Mrs. Bich rolled cake or colorful steamed rice. Then you will head to Lung Cu flag tower. This is the nothernmost point of Viet Nam. Standing on the top you have chance to see the whole view of areas around such as towns, rocky moutnains, cliffs, terraced fields and parts of China. You back to Dong Van town and start to go to Meo Vac then.
Continue Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental trip, Ma Pi Leng Mountain Pass is the highlight with the height of 1,200 meters. It is considered as the “king of passes” or “Great Wall Vietnam”. In fact, there is no word can describe how spectacular this place is. It totally blew you away by the mountainous scenery. It is worth to take many quick stops here. The pass route was built from 1959 to 1965 by Viet Nam soldier and people from many ethinic minorities.
If you are lucky, when arriving in Meo Vac, you have chance to see the unique and interesting “Khau Vai love market”. The market origionally establishs for the people from the ethnic minority of H’mong, Tay. They come here seeking for and talk with their old lover. For some reasons in the past they could not get married or lived together till the end. Link Map
Day 4: Meo Vac – Ha Giang city (158 km / 98 miles)
There are 3 ways to get back to the city from Meo Vac:
- Meo Vac – Lung Phin – Yen Minh – Quan Ba – Ha Giang (this route brings you to the old road and old destinations)
- Meo Vac – Lung Phin – Mau Du – Lung Ho – Thuong – Lung Tam – Quan Ba – Ha Giang (this road is really stunning, extremely ideal for those who love exploring)
- MeoVac – Bao Lam – Bao Lac – Bac Me – Ha Giang.
You will have 4-5 hours driving in each of 3 routes above. Arrive at Ha Giang then drop off the motorcycle at you hotel or our office in the city. You succesfully end Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorike rental journey. Link Map
Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental preparation
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about he type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money .
- Obey the vietnam trafic rules:
- Wearing helmet, driving on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/h
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands,
- Do not take photos when driving
- Turn the lights on when getting inside tunnels.
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
- Be confident with traffic in Viet Nam. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 usd and then go.
- Do not repair the bike without permission of rental company. You need to contact them then be instructed.
Normal costs for a motorbike repair in Vietnam
- On this moment: 1 euro is 24.000 VMD and 1 dollar is 22.000 VMD
- Repair flat tire 10,000 / 30,000
- Relace new tire: 80.000 – 120.000
- Replace Electric Stator 200.000 / 300.000
- Oil change 90,000 – 120,000
- Fix front and backlight 50.000
- Stoplight switch 20.000
- New bungeecords 20,000 – 40,000
- New chain and sprockets 250,000
- Relaybox 20,000
- Chain tightened up 10,000
- New inner tube 80.000
- Spark plug lead 50.000
What to advoid or not to do?
- Do not buy tourist items from small children
- Do not give sweets and money to children
- If you can avoid shopping in plastic goods (bags, bottles, waste disposal systems are unfortunately not in many villages)
- Do not enter to the local schools without notice
- Ask people if you can shoot them do not make too much noise in rural villages
- View our motorbikes list and prices table
- Contact us for any questions or advice via:
- Chat right in this webiste
- Whatsapp: +84 348421282
- Hotline: +84941365563
- Email: email@example.com
3. Choose your suitable motorbike and fill in the booking form or provides us below information:
- Your name and ways to contact you.
- Type and number of bike you want to hire
- When and where you would like to pick up the bike
- Where and when you would like to return the bike.
4. Hidden Land Travel will confirm the total price and your reservation
- We will deliver the bike to your place and accessories as agreed
- Both parties will read and sign in the motorbike hiring contract
- You will pay the renting fee for our staff and give staff deposit (luggages/1 Passport or 300 usd/bike)
- We will take and send the luggage to next destination (if you request)
- Contact us when you want to return the bike 30 minutes in advance, Our staff will come to your place to collect the bike and return your deposit.
Related Ha Noi to Ha Giang motorbike rental