These amazing two days trip of Hue to Phong Nha motorbike rental trip will travel along the historical Ho Chi Minh Trail in the west Viet Nam to the National park. It is such an ideal journey for those who are keen on adventures.
In fact, you have chance to discover hill tribe villages in Hue, visit the old battle of DMZ from the fierce Viet Nam in Khe Sanh and through the winding roads which are full of rice paddies, beautiful landscapes of Phong Nha village. It’s simply a meaningful journey that worths every moment you take and Hue scooter rental would love to accompany with you in this amazing trip.
Hue to Phong Nha motorbike trip recommeded detailed itinerary
Day 1: Hue – Khe Sanh (240 kilometers / 149 miles)
7:00 am You pick up the motorbikes at your hotel or at our office in Hue city.
We would love to brief the recommeded itinerary and notes for the travel before depart. Then head to Ho Chi Minh Trail and ride straight to A Luoi Town.
10:00 am Arrive at A Luoi Town and stay at a local house there. This is a mountainous district of Thua Thien Hue province where ethnic minorities are living.
10:30 am Time for you to have luch with the specialities in the area and communicate with the local family and then take a rest here.
12:00 pm You leave A Luoi Town and continue Hue to Phong Nha motorbike hire to Khe Sanh. This route give you a chance to cross beautiful passes, winding mountainous roads and stunning scenery of tropical rain forests.
15:30 pm The trip of Hue Phong Nha motorbike rental gets to Da Krong suspension bridge which is located in Khe Sanh. Da Krong, at first, was just a small bridge that Viet Nam soliders built for the transportation during the intense War. It has been rebuilt and now replaced by a newer and bigger one.
At here, tourist also has pportunities to exchange with Van Kieu and Pa Co ethnic groups of Klu villages. It’s time for you to explore the local customs and see how they can survive in such a tough condition in most remote place of Vietnam.
Then you will stay overnight in Khe Sanh, have a cool beer and cheers to finish day 1 of Hue to Phong Nha motorcycle rental.
Day 2: Khe Sanh – Phong Nha (200 kilometers / 125 miles)
8:00 am Start the second day of Hue to Phong Nha motorbike rental by visiting the historical relic of Ta Con Airbase. It was the strategic zone considered of the American military from 1966 to 1968. The airport consists of a number of sub-base with heavy fortifications and runs 2km. It played an important rule as used for taking off and landing of helicopters, transporting places and fighter jets.
10:00 am You keep following the Ho Chi Minh Trail up to the North for 100km. This ride brings you to the tops of the Truong Son mountain ranges and fantastic valleys with the fresh air.
12:00 am The trip stops for luch time and we take a rest over the minority village of Van Kieu.
1:00 pm You’ll ride 100 km left through old growth jungle with amazing waterfalls and streams of Ho Chi Minh Trail to Phong Nha village.
The highlight of the world natural heritage typically limestone mountains, rice paddies, farmland and local farmers.
3:00 pm Arrive at Phong Nha and drop off in your hotel. End Hue to Phong Nha motorbike journey.
We would love to give you the necessary information you may need during the trip through the destinations in the central Viet Nam:
- THINGS TO NOTE WHEN DOING HUE TO PHONG NHA MOTORBIKE RENTAL
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about he type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money .
- Obey the vietnam trafic rules:
- Wearing helmet, driving on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/h
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands,
- Do not take photos when driving
- Turn the lights on when getting inside tunnels.
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
- Be confident with traffic in Viet Nam. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 usd and then go.
- Do not repair the bike without permission of rental company. You need to contact them then be instructed.
- Below is normal costs for a motorbike repair in Vietnam:
- On this moment: 1 euro is 24.000 VMD and 1 dollar is 22.000 VMD
- Repair flat tire 10,000 / 30,000
- Relace new tire: 80.000 – 120.000
- Replace Electric Stator 200.000 / 300.000
- Oil change 90,000 – 120,000
- Fix front and backlight 50.000
- Stoplight switch 20.000
- New bungeecords 20,000 – 40,000
- New chain and sprockets 250,000
- Relaybox 20,000
- Chain tightened up 10,000
- New inner tube 80.000
- Spark plug lead 50.000