Motorbikes, there is no doubt that, is the most popular means of transport in Vietnam at the moment. It also the means by which many people love to use because of the convenience and flexibility it offers. For many young people, traveling by motorbike is a huge passion. For those who are used to drive, especially in Vietnam, this does not have to be said. However, those who use the motorbikes for the first time, these tips are absolutely cecessary. With a little practical experience, together Hue Scooter Rental would love to share with you Vietnam Travel Tips by motorbike in order to have a safe journey in the country.
IMPORTANT RULES OF VIETNAM TRAVEL TIPS BY MOTORBIKES
Preparing before deparing travel Vietnam by motorbike
Good prepare for your long-ride
- Get a good motorbike for yourself. Almost Vietnam cities especially in Hue, there are various motorbike shops for you to hire or buy a motorbike. This is the most important thing of Vietnam travel tips by motorbike. Hue motorbike rental is a reliable company that provide any types of motorbike which is manyal, semiautomatic and automatic ones for long-way trip or around city. More, we already prepare protective gears, good helmets, tracks and detailed contract for travelers. You just come to check the bike, make contract and then go. Just contact us via Whatsapp: +84 1648421282
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer. Thus, it’s better to hav esome reparing tools in case you deal with simple troubles during the way. These arescrew nails,pliers, monkey wrench, screwdriver .
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about the type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike. Normally you just pay for 2-4 dollars per bike for the full petrol. And you should take a 1,5 liter bottle in case the bike is run out of petrol.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money . These are essentials beonging that you must have to have a good trip.
Experience driving on the roads
Below are some general experiences of Vietnam travel tips by motorcycle, you should read carefully to minimize the risks that you may face with during the drive:
Obey the traffic rules
Traffic rules are must-do
- Always obey the traffic rules when riding: go in the right lane, drive at the prescribed speed (pay attention to signs when entering the densely populated area).
- Have a basic understanding of traffic rules in Viet Nam to handle situations when you have trouble with police. In reality, it’s not necessary to have driving license for foreigners to travel in Viet Nam. However, “something is better than nothing”, you have to ensure you driving skill is enough to use a bike. In case you have troubles with police, the easiest way to handle this situation is tip them(about 10 USD) then go.
2. When driving
Look out ahead!
- Go on 2/3 of your lane, do not cross the other lanes which are the area for cars or trucks.
- Do not drink alcohol before or during the trip to keep you and other people safe and avoid trouble with police.
- Do not cross over other vehicles when the vision is limited especially the front is a curving road. Try to keep 10 to 15 meters when driving behind trucks, containers or super-weight vehicles. They are really “monsters “on any route you take in Viet Nam.
- If you see the car in the opposite side which is driving with high-speed and trying to cross other lanes, you should actively reduce the speed and go close to the roadside. Then keep calm to solve the situations you may face with.
- In dry weather condition, you should keep the distance between you motorbike and other vehicles about 50 meters, other conditions the distance may down to 20-30 meters.
- If you go with groups, you should stop as close as possible to the roadside make a column, one by one of several meters apart. This to ensure that there is no traffic jam on the road
3. When riding on mountain, muddy or any ugly roads
Use brakes effectively with manual or semi-automatic motorbikes
- Those are kind of tough terrains so the manual or semiautomatic motorbikes are advisable for you to travel. Doing the route, you should notice:
- When riding on the mountain roads, you always pay attention to the sign system to know what is going to be like ahead (such as curving roads, landslide, approaching slope …)
- If possible, travelling in groups of two or three motorbikes with one experienced leader is advisable. All members of the group are required to have detailed itinerary to get rid the risk of getting lost. People should not ride parallel to each other and talk while controlling the motorbike, thus, stop the bike if feeling a need for a conversation.
- Sometimes, there may be animals like buffaloes, cows, dogs or even pigs crossing the road, so one should decrease the speed and avoid making them panic. At night or in rain weather, when the vision is limited, travellers had better pause the journey for resting and safety reasons.
- Respect the ethnic minority people and their distinctive culture.
- Protect the environment and always remember: Safe is of primary important in Vietnam travel tips.
- Upward: rear brake
When you ride upwards, you can use the rear brake during turns: that will stabelize the bike, and it allows you to keep the throttle open during the turn.
- Downward: front brake
But downward, the rear brake is of no use: the rear wheel almost carries no weight, which means it will stop turning very easily when you apply the rear brake.
- If you ride steep downward and you have to brake, use the front brake.
The first time riding motocycle in Vietnam would not be a big problem if you are ready and follow the above directions. In fact, “practice makes perfect”, the more you through routes, the more you learn about driving skills in any country you come.
Hue motorbike rental will provide you the cheapest, strongest, most stable and support for your trip. Also, Hue motorbike tour full day is an ideal choice for those who are not confident of driving skill. As our friendly tour guide and supporters are ready, they will take you to the most beautiful places in Hue. Let’s take a trip with Vietnam travel tips and we are ready for the memorable trip with you!
Any request or question, just contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: +84 941 365 563
- Whats app: +84 1648 421 282
- Address: 11 Ly Thuong Kiet, Hue